Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Probably Not Mutual

A crush has been born. This one will not result in any romantic rendez-vous because the object of my adoration is not so into my type. My type being a girl. But it's nice to dream from afar, and especially to daydream about what got it all started. Some coworkers and I went to see a designer's studio today, and to say that I admire him is an understatement. He took his business from his bedroom as a one-man gig, to a beautiful studio in Dumbo with 160 employees. Wow. People like that get me thinking thinking thinking every time. How do they ever know that what they've got going on is enough to sustain themselves? There are always so many questions, doubts, problems to deal with when starting your own business, and they pushed past them and made it work. I think I could take a tour of a designer's studio to see their inspiration, their set-up, and the process that goes into production every day and be happy. Well, until I have enough energy built up to send me FLYing forward, ready to take on the world. I'm part way there already, just need some momentum to really get things going.

1 comment:

SWANclothing said...

growing a business, a mystery i am slowly demystifying. and i am very fascinated by the process. i love people who make things happen.