Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm preparing for a business trip to Europe and have started compiling a list of things to bring. Of course a huge concern of mine is what to wear from day to day, one experience to the next. I normally prefer to pack on the light side, and haven't even checked a bag in at least three years of travel. But this clearly calls for something a little bit different. During a nearly two week trip, I'm getting the feeling that even my pajamas will have to be just right. Does anyone travel regularly for work? What are your most treasured tricks for getting around in style, avoiding the I-just-pulled-this-from-a-suitcase look?

3 comments:

Richel said...

my dad traveled a lot for work, and I know he's a guy, but when he needed to look his best for overseas meetings, he would just wear his favorite pieces of clothing (i.e. suits).

emily said...

good luck with packing for the trip. <3

SWANclothing said...

alo! you visited me a while back, wanted to return the vist. besides the niceties, i love your blog! your entries ring true with me.

as for travel, i used to travel for business a lot. i prided myself on getting it right. the right look for the right occasion. just enough to blow their minds a little ;) but i did it by overpacking. my secret is sore shoulders! but i guess know as well as you can where you are going- temperature, types of get togethers, or is this a trip with a special person? that is the best dressing.

i guess layered dressing helps. i like to know that i can look pretty/sexy but if more "dignity" is called for i always have nice jackets/blazers/cardigans/shirts. shoes for walking. shoes for fun. a lot of basics too.

sorry this is hard to answer with just a little information.