Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting to know my wardrobe. Spring cleaning.

Many bloggers out there have posted about doing a major overhaul of their wardrobes. Of course to do this there should be a method to the madness, or you may end up tossing things that you're sick of at the moment, only to yearn for them again some day in the distant future. I think the most important part of the whole thing for me is trying to figure out what flatters my figure, what is easy to wear, what needs to be paired with what. Styling a wardrobe takes effort and a good amount of time devoted to just trying one thing on with another.

I'm doing a bit of that myself right now, and it's been a slow process. I took everything that wasn't an obvious winner, whether that means I never wear it or I wear it all the time but hate it, out of my closet and stacked it on my chair. This stack has been moved from my chair to my bed and back for.... weeks now. A sad state of affairs. But I'm hacking away at it slowly, trying to figure out why I don't wear certain things, and trying to convince myself to part with the items I do wear because they're TOO easy, even though they don't look so hot. I've found some interesting combinations I quite like because of this, and hope to debut my Dries Van Noten hand-me-down ruffle shirt one of these days. I've had it for three years!!!

Also, I'm trying to find a way to like a cropped vintage Biba jacket I got on eBay for not much more than a tenner. If I had a camera, I would ask you peeps to help me figure out if it is real. That day is coming sooner rather than later!! I hear word that there is a hand-me-down camera waiting for me at my aunt's. Oh family.

Post edits to come - pictures and links to the lovely ladies who inspired this closet overhaul.

No comments: