Monday, March 10, 2008

Force of Habit

Today as I was starting up on what I fear will be the return of one of my worst habits, I thought about my blog. It's been with a lot of consideration that I decided to actually start writing, and sadly, it's been a week since my first momentous (in my mind) post. This, too, will need to become a habit or it will never go anywhere. Note to self!!

Onto the fun, my persistent habit that has resurfaced against my better judgement. Shopping. It is no surprise I'm sure that I enjoy shopping - this here's a fashion blog, no? But what seems to be the problem is that as soon as the weather becomes bareable and it's still light when I leave the office and find myself spit out into Midtown's hustle and bustle, I get the urge to do something. Anything, really! Without plans I find myself sucked into Rockefeller's Anthropologie. Oh, all reason goes out the window. I try not to be tempted, but while everything in the store is perfectly fine, easy and girly, it only really has me locked in when it's in the sale room. My rule against fast fashion gets grey and fuzzy when I'm in that room. I wouldn't call that fast fashion, exactly, but once everything is suddenly sort of affordable (I stress 'sort of' here), I start to feel like I'm adding something lovely and pricier to my wardrobe at a great discount.

And suddenly I'm spending $250!!!

I'm still trying to think up my best excuse for keeping the Tracy Reese dress I've been drooling over and finally purchased. Meanwhile, I'll keep the receipt safe and sound.

No comments: